We will discuss some basic statistics knowledge in the following posts. We want to thank the lecturer of STAT170 from Macquarie University. The content in our post are referred from his lecture notes. Personally, his lecture notes is the best in all the lecture notes I read.
Sample and Population
- A population includes all of the elements from a set of data.
- A sample consists of one or more observations from the population.
- A primary objective of the statistician is to obtain information about a target population, using a sample.
- The target population comprises all relevant subjects of interest.
- The sample is a manageable subset, selected to make the study feasible.